The Splurge

02:00

So, today I had one of those days where things don't pan out quite how you'd like them to. As I currently have a few extra pennies apparently burning a hole in my pocket I decided to hit the shops for a spot of retail therapy. Here are my purchases :

Phillip Kingsley Smooth and Shiny Travel bag | Dr Andrew Weil for Origins - Mega Bright Dark Circle Minimizer |
Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation - NW20 | Mac - Vegas Volt | Mac - M-A-C Red | Mac - All That Glitters |
Topshop - Orion Eyeshadow Trio


I've been having a bit of trouble sleeping recently and it's starting to take it's toll on my under eye area. Too many late nights juggling uni deadlines, work and the harsh Winter weather has not been a good combination for my skin or general health. Hopefully this will help perk me up and make me look more alive, the lovely Origin's lady at the counter said I should notice results within 4 weeks (I do hope so because at £32 for 15ml it's definitely not the most purse friendly option out there). I'm currently on the last squeeze of my Indeed Labs 'eyesilix' so as soon as that's finished I'll give this a whirl.


My boyfriend, (being the loving dear that he is - #MUSHY sorry not sorry) decided to pick me up a surprise present from Mac as an early Valentine's Day present. He popped into my local Mac store on his day off work and with help from the assistant's picked out the Studio Sculpt foundation and M-A-C Red lipstick. It was a lovely surprise (thank you!) but the only snag was he'd picked out the foundation in the wrong shade, NW25 which would have looked a touch orange on my skin. I popped into the store a few days later with my aim being to just swap my foundation shade, big mistake! I came out with the beautiful, buttery, golden All That Glitters eyeshadow, alongside the equally wonderful Vegas Volt, an orangey-coral lipstick from their Amplified range. It's like Spring/Summer in a tube and I'm positive it will look amazing when I have a touch more colour in my skin.

Last but not least is the Orion Eyeshadow Trio from Topshop. I'm in love with the darkened champagne/taupe colour in the middle, it's velvet soft with a fantastic colour pay-off. In fact, it's the main reason I purchased this little pallete (along with the snazzy design on the front!).

Anyway, that's enough of me for now. I'll try and pop some individual reviews up once I've given some of these products a fair try. I'm really interested to see how the 'Elasticizer' works (may have to purchase the full size) and the Origins eye cream.
Have you tried any of these products before? If so, what did you think? Especially interested to hear about the Mac foundation as I've been a Nars Sheer Glow girl for the past year!

Katie
X

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Bloglovin

Follow

Pinterest