Week 31 Pregnancy Update

10:05

At 31 weeks your baby weighs about 1.5kg and looks more than ever like a newborn. She measures about 41cm from crown to toe. Her arms, legs and body continue to fill out – and they are finally proportional in size to her head. Your baby's brain is working overtime these days, developing faster than ever. Connections between individual nerve cells (she's got to make trillions of them!) are being made at a super-fast rate. She's now processing information, tracking light and perceiving signals from all five senses.

How far along? 
31 weeks +4 days

Total weight gain? 
Not sure of weight, bump is currently measuring in at 91cm at it's widest.




Maternity clothes? 
No new maternity clothes, getting by with the majority of things I already own. Oversized shirts, slouchy jumpers and maternity jeans has pretty much been my uniform since 6 months in!

Stretch marks? 
Not yet, up coming blog post on the products I've been using to try and keep them at bay.

Sleep? 
Yes please! I do feel like I've spent the majority of my pregnancy asleep... Starting to get really uncomfortable at night now, there's been lots of 4am wake ups from little kicks and twinges.

Best moment this week? 
We went to see Rocky Horror Show at The Liverpool Empire, so much fun! Definitely recommend it to everyone. Stuffed our faces at Five Guys first though, that peanut butter milkshake is incredible.




Worst moment this week? 
Not really had any. Our little home is coming together nicely and I'm incredibly excited!

Miss anything? 
Missing the gym and being able to exercise at the level I was at before. I have my first physio appointment next week for SPD and snapping hip syndrome so I'll be asking for some safe exercises I can do at home.

Movement?
Lots of movement, especially up by my ribs the little terror! She wiggles so much I feel like I can't breathe.

Food cravings? 
None, although I have been lusting after the peanut butter shake from Five Guys since Tuesday, seriously, I could drink one everyday!

Anything making you feel sick or queasy? 
Heartburn. Drinking lots of milk and have a bottle of Gaviscon in every handbag.

Gender?



Symptoms? 
Heartburn, wobbly hips and some tiredness.

Belly button in or out? 
Flattened and on the way out I think.... *cringe*

Happy or moody?
Happy!

Looking forward to?
We had our tour of the delivery unit of our local hospital last week, which was both exciting and nerve-wracking. I'm looking forward to my first antenatal class on Saturday, it lasts the full day from 9:30-4:00 which sounds rather intense but I'm really looking forward to it. Everything is starting to come together and it all feels really 'real' now.
We've also ordered our travel system, it's not arriving until the end of March I think but I can't wait! It's the Mamas and Papas new Armadillio Flip XT in navy with tan handles, it was love at first push. (I'm fully aware of how cheesy I sound, I'm a Mum now - it's pretty much a social requirement for me to speak that way!)

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Bloglovin

Follow

Pinterest