The 3 minute Mama face

06:16

Here is my recent guest blog post, written for the fabulous KeriKit Bags blog. If you're in the market for a luxury leather changing bag, definitely give their website a peek - there are some wonderful treats to be found!

This is for those moments in life when you literally have all of five minutes to get ready. You’ve had a grand total of two hours sleep, Mama’s got places to be and you need to get out, and fast! You seize your moment. You have that tiny, glorious, golden window of opportunity in which to do so. Pre-Mama life I would relish getting ready, it was my favourite part of the day. I'd take time to try out new products, skincare routines and generally indulge in a bit of a pamper session. Now, time is an exceptionally precious commodity so I've learnt to utilise it to the best of my ability. Enter my '3 minute Mama Face'. On a hectic day, I've been known to condense this down to just two minutes!


Moisturiser is essential; I've discovered that if I have a good moisturiser I can quite happily forgo foundation, which is an act I'd rarely do pre-parenthood. I apply a five pence size blob of moisturiser (my current favourite is this Elizabeth Arden one), it stops my face looking sallow and flat with the added bonus that you don't need to spend any time blending like you would with a foundation. 

I love a good concealer. Especially as motherhood has a habit of stamping your face with it's tell-tale dark circles. I apply few dots of Clarin's Instant Concealer under my eyes and around my nose and use a damp Real Techniques sponge to blend it in. My face is instantly perked up, coverage without that terrible cakey feeling I despise. Some days I'll just leave it at that, but if I'm wanting to look a little more polished I'll sweep a touch of Estee Lauder bronzer over my cheeks. I feel this helps lift my complexion so I look sprightly and alive and less like I've walked off the set of The Walking Dead.

On to brows, a few strokes of my NYX Micro Brow Pencil and a comb through with a spoolie and I'm straight onto mascara. My final step. I don't know what it is exactly about the brush on the Lancome Grandiose mascara but it's able to give me the most amazing eyelashes with minimal effort. I swear, it's a one coat and we're done job. Maybe it's the angle of the brush, or maybe it's the formula of the product itself but it's like doe eyes in a tube. My ultimate mascara that never flakes or loses a curl throughout the day.

A sweep of a no fuss, long-lasting lipbalm like Nuxe Reve de Miel and I'm feeling much more human; I'm ready and waiting to face whatever the world (read: grumpy, teething baby) decides to throw at me! Wearing make up isn't particularly high on the list of priorities for new Mum's. We have our little babies and a list as long as our arm of jobs to be done, but taking these 3 minutes out of my day and spending them on myself gives me a much needed pick-me-up. A happy Mum makes for a happy baby, so carve those 3 minutes of the day out for yourself and spend them on whatever makes you happy. For me, it's my mini make-up ritual. Spending a few minutes of a morning to pop on a little make-up changes my mindset and makes for a much more productive day, because as much as I'd love them to be, not every day can be a duvet day!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Bloglovin

Follow

Pinterest