Where does all the time go?

06:23

I'm not sure about you, but when I was pregnant I was constantly told by friends, family - even strangers in the street! - just how quickly time will pass once you've had a child. Naive little me, I obviously didn't believe it for a second. Surely that's just another one of those old wives tales that are constantly tossed around? On one occasion, an elderly lady stopped me in Booths to tell me how I was clearly having a baby boy (wrong) and how I would definitely go at least a week over my due date because my bump was small (also wrong, Edie was born nearly 6 weeks earlier than expected!). I just figured it would be another one of those things, you say 'Yeah, ok.' Smile politely and then completely forget the conversation. Maybe the time went quickly for them but it will be different for me, right? Now I'm faced with the realisation of just how wrong I was. I'm sat typing this blog post with a 20 week old tugging on my hair and pulling on my shirt, entwining her perfect, tiny fingers around whatever she can while she babbles and dribbles away.
It's come to the time when I need to seriously consider my options for returning to work. I was left with no other choice but to take my maternity leave early as I was so unwell during pregnancy, and this means I will have to resume working much sooner than I would have hoped to. 

 So, I've been to see a few nursery's. Read every Ofsted report I can lay my hands on. Spoken to nearly every Mum at my local baby group and  I've found one stand out nursery that I'm sure Edie will love. My only issue being that I'm just not ready yet. How can you prepare yourself for something like this? I know in the grand scheme of things, handing your baby over for a few hours to more than qualified carers, it makes me sound like I'm being a little dramatic but I've actually not left her for more than 15 minutes since she was born. Even then, she's only been with her Daddy so I know that of course she's fine. I don't know how I'll ever be able to leave her or what effect it will have on our breastfeeding journey.
I have until the start of October, so any tips you could give to help us through this transition would be greatly appreciated. How could I ever leave this little face for something as mundane as work?!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Bloglovin

Follow

Pinterest