Week 17 Pregnancy Update

04:40

I've not had much of a chance to update recently. Working full-time whilst growing a tiny baby inside you is pretty hard stuff, and I don't seem to be having the most straightforward of pregnancies either. So far I've been hospitalised twice, experienced debilitating pelvic cramps, severe migraines, developed a heart murmur (for which I'm currently waiting for an echocardiogram and a 24hour ECG) and I'm not even halfway through my second trimester!

How far along?
Currently writing this at 17 weeks and 1 day.

Total weight gain?
I think total weight gain has been minimal to be honest, haven't weighed myself recently. Last weighing was about 2 weeks ago and I was 57.1 kg. I'm usually somewhere between 50-54kg.


Maternity clothes?
Some Topshop Maternity Joni jeans in black. Picked them up in a size 8 about 3 weeks ago and I've been wearing them non-stop. All my pre-pregnancy jeans were quite high waisted and got uncomfortable to wear at about 14 weeks. In fact, the majority of my pre-pregnancy clothes are high waisted and just don't seem to fit and flatter me in any way. I don't wait to shell out buying lots of maternity clothes though, just hoping I can make it through Winter in my stretchy jeans and oversized jumpers. I have bought a pretty little striped Topshop maternity dress, will pop a post up when I have more of a bump to showcase it.

Stretch marks?
No sign yet, I don't really have too much of a bump yet though. I've been using 'Re-gen cream' that Liam picked up for me and it's felt quite moisturising. Apparently it's got similar ingredients to Bio-oil. I've also got a rather luxurious looking bottle of oil from Clarins that I'll be trying once I've finished the re-gen cream.

Sleep?
Lots of it. It's all been rather broken though. I've woken up each morning for that past 4 days at 2am, 3am and 5am with contractions and horrific cramping pains.

Best moment this week?
Had a reassurance scan whilst I was in hospital on 26/10/2015. Little one was wriggling around like crazy. He/she had their little legs up in the air, one bent at the knee the other straight parallel to their face, cheeky thing even gave us a little wave. I wish I'd thought to record it, I hadn't seen the baby move before and because I have an anterior placenta I'm not really able to feel too much. I was too in awe with what was happening on the screen. 
Another exciting moment this week, our cotbed has arrived for our new home. Can't wait to get the nursery set up once we're in.

Had a lovely trip to Manchester with Liam, we had lunch at Hard Rock (his favourite) and picked up our first few baby bits. It all feels really real now and we're beyond excited.




Worst moment this week? 
The pain. Experiencing contractions for the first time this week was completely unnerving and unexpected. TMI, I know, but the pressure down below is like nothing I've ever felt before. The hospital gave me codeine to help with the pain and my Doctor has given me it on prescription but I feel a bit anxious about taking it.


Miss anything?
Aerial hoop, I miss aerial hoop an insane amount but it's just not safe for me at the moment.



Movement?
Felt some little wiggles, no actually kicks really (although I'm sure I may have felt a little bump on Monday just above my pubic bone). Little one has taken to wiggling as high up as they can and resting just below my belly button, I get an alien like bump on my stomach - it's so strange! I'll spare you the photos of that!

Food cravings? 
No real cravings.

Anything making you feel sick or queasy? 
Meat, I've completely gone off meat and greasy food. I've been eating lots of bean burgers, fresh stir fry, falafel wraps with lots of humus and countless bowls of cereal!

Gender?
Still in the dark on this one, at our reassurance scan baby had their legs crossed and no matter what the Doctor tried little one wouldn't budge. 

Symptoms? 
Tired, irritable, hormonal and lots of lower back and tummy pain.

Belly button in or out? 
In

Happy or moody?
Can I be both at the same time?

Looking forward to?
Moving into our new home. It's not far off now!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow, can you imagine those arial hoops pictures with a big ole baby bump too? They would look stunning!
    The cot bed is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait until I get that bump, 18 weeks today and it's gradually looking less like I'm just bloated! Ha
      Thank you! :) Excited to get it set up.
      X

      Delete

Popular Posts

Bloglovin

Follow

Pinterest