Week 26 Pregnancy Update

13:32

*Posting this now even though I'm just about to turn 28 weeks, we've had no internet since moving!*

Your baby now weighs 760g, measures around 36cm in length and is around the size of a Papaya fruit. Your baby's eyes begin to open around now. Her response to sound grows more consistent towards the end of the seventh month, when the network of nerves to her ears is complete. She may be able to hear you and your partner chatting. Your baby also continues to take small breaths, getting plenty of practice for when she's born. It's all preparation for when she takes that first gulp of air.


I've had a bit of a hectic few weeks which is why it's been rather quite on the blog front. We've finally moved into our beautiful new home *siiiiigh*, we've also had Christmas, my Birthday and New Year. It really has been incredibly busy, satisfying but testing at times. 

How far along? 
26 weeks + 4 days

Total weight gain? 
My little bump has been growing like crazy. Now I'm creeping into my third trimester I'm finally starting to look like I'm pregnant. Bump is looking especially impressive from this angle...


I'm now 90cm at my widest point which is just below my belly button. Feels like he/she is sitting as low as they possibly can at all times giving me a weirdly angular bump!

Maternity clothes? 
I'm IN LOVE with a pair of over bump jeans I bought before Christmas from H&M. They're seriously the must comfortable item of clothing I've ever worn in my whole entire life. They're a dark navy colour (I did think they were black in store but they're clearly not - duhh), super soft brushed fabric, stretchy cotton bump band and the perfect length. Still lots of room left for little bump to grow into aswell! Much prefer these to my Topshop joni maternity jeans.


Stretch marks? 
No sign as of yet. I've been well and truly spoilt over Christmas and my Birthday with some lovely pampering gift sets so will be smothering myself in the hope it will keep them at bay. (I know it's genetic but it can't hurt to try eh?)
 
Sleep? 
Tired all the time. Also been waking up in the night pretty much every hour or so with one of 3 issues:
1) Severe back/pelvic cramping
2) An overwhelming urge to vomit
3) Being kicked in my lower abdomen

Best moment this week? 
Well, as I haven't done a proper update since 22 weeks I have a fair amount of lovely things to be grateful for.

Our First Christmas in our new home. My Mum went on a one woman mission on Christmas Eve and managed to find us a 6ft Christmas tree, we thought we'd be destined to stack our gifts under our mini 2 ft tree.










Worst moment this week? 
Nausea and sickness have returned, not fun!

Miss anything? 
Glass of Bucks Fizz on Christmas day would have been appreciated.

Movement?
I've been able to feel so much more movement recently. It's incredible. So many kicks under the ribs already though and lots of wiggling at night when I'm trying to sleep.

Food cravings? 
No cravings, not had too much of an appetite as I've had nausea and heartburn.
 
Anything making you feel sick or queasy? 
Excessive heartburn!

Gender?
We found out on Xmas Eve...
Post coming soon :)


Symptoms? 
Well, I have an actual bump now! Lots of kicks, some nausea and general tiredness. 

Belly button in or out? 
It's almost flat now, starting to creep it's way out which is completely surreal.

Happy or moody?
Happy but tired.
Looking forward to?
We're going away on holiday to Riga, Latvia on the 14th January for 6 days. Apparently the temperature may get as low as -21 degrees so I'm on the hunt for thermals before we leave, so excited!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Bloglovin

Follow

Pinterest