Week 22 Pregnancy Update

01:34

Your baby now weighs almost 430g, measures about 28cm long from crown to heel and is about the size of an Aubergine. Your baby's legs aren't curled up so tightly to her tummy now. This means she can be measured from the top of her head to her heels, instead of her bottom. She is proportioned like a newborn, albeit a thinner version since her baby fat hasn't yet developed.

I'm feeling rather festive this week and have been really enjoying welcoming in December!



How far along?
22 weeks + 5 days

Total weight gain? 
Not weighed myself but I did measure my bump, it's currently 87cm at the widest point. Still able to disguise bump reasonably well, I feel like it's just about starting to look I'm pregnant rather than bloated! Will be showcasing little bump in all it's glory soon in everything clingy I can find.


Dodgy changing room photographs whilst on the hunt for new maternity jeans. 

Maternity clothes? 
Some lovely Zara non maternity items, I could probably do with another pair of maternity jeans to be honest because my Topshop Joni's look terrible now. I definitely need to look into purchasing some new underwear too, all my bras are now incredibly uncomfortable; they feel like some kind of torture device.

Stretch marks? 
No sign. Using my Clarins oil alongside the Secret Saviours system,  I've only just started using Secret Saviours so I'll have to keep you updated!

Sleep? 
I've actually not felt quite as tired as I have in previous weeks. I've been able to get a few good sleeps in, feeling much more uncomfortable when I'm in bed on my side though and having to turn in my sleep is a pain in the backside to be honest!

Best moment this week?
I've returned back to work, hurrah! Everything was getting a bit tedious at home and I really enjoy having something to keep me occupied.
I've finally started to put a serious dent into my Christmas shopping. Had an evening of retail therapy with my Mum in Liverpool city centre, it was a little manic as our shopping trip happened to coincide with the annual visit of the Coca Cola truck (*Holidaaays are comingggg*) . We spent about an hour in Jo Malone sniffing all the lovely scents, as soon as me, Liam and bump move into our new home I'll be purchasing the Pomegranate Noir candle. It smells divine! We also paid a visit to the beauty mecca that is Harvey Nichols Beauty Bazaar - be still my beating heart <3

Worst moment this week? 
Last week was difficult, my Nan passed away in November and it was her funeral last week - hence why I've jumped from 20 to 22 weeks. I just didn't fancy blogging.
I've also been back at the hospital with complications after only being back at work for a week. All is well with  baby bump though, he/she had a lovely strong heartbeat and was completely unphased.

Miss anything? 
I would quite enjoy a glass of mulled cider, substituting the cider with mince pies but they're not quite the same!

Movement?
I've been getting what I feel are real kicks now! Feeling lots of wiggles and bumps all over the place, they've recently started above my belly button too now which is quite an odd sensation.

Food cravings? 
No cravings, I'm not really drawn to any food at the moment - which is making it difficult to decide what I want to eat a lot of the time. I am particularly partial to green olives at the moment, I wouldn't say I crave them as such because I enjoy them all the time!

Anything making you feel sick or queasy? 
I've been suffering with really bad heartburn. If that old wives tale is true, then I'm due to give birth to a baby that closely resembles Chewbacca.

Gender? 
 Surprise!

Symptoms? 
Heartburn, leg cramps and  lower back pain are out in full force!

Belly button in or out? 
In. I was resting my hand on my belly button earlier and got a firm 'kick' from behind it. It's probably the strangest feeling on the entire planet, completely alien like.

Happy or moody?
Happy, generally. I have my moody moments though.

Looking forward to?
Christmas, the move and wrapping all my gifts. I seriously love wrapping presents. 

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Hello, looking for really good maternity jeans try seraphine, they are a little bit pricier than high street shops but they are so comfy! I have two pairs which have lasted me throughout my pregnancy so far! Nichola X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a gorgeous maternity coat from there in the sale that I fell in love with, they only had larger sizes left though and now it's completely sold out - sigh!
      Will have to have a look at their jeans, thanks for the tip X

      Delete
  2. COngrats!! I know nothing about pregnancy so this post was so interesting to read. Happy New Years!

    xoxo Emily
    http://www.ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Bloglovin

Follow

Pinterest